My Last Voyage





In 2004, I still remember it in memory. Those were the defining moments of my life. Is it to become a sailor or to go to school with a bachelor's degree? The economic demands of the family and the insistence of the shipowner. He had succeeded in persuading Mom to join me in sailing again this time.

For the sake of puffing kitchen smoke. Where Dad is no longer able to work as before. Judging from age, I am already worthy of helping the elderly. But judging from the physique and strength, I am not used to working hard. This is the destiny of life that I must live.

When married, Mom and Dad's age is too far away. However I couldn't resist it because my Dad loved my Mom so much. The two of them also matched. That was his destiny. I often ask Dad about that. The question made my Dad a little emotional. Since childhood, I have been a child who likes to ask questions. Sometimes people get confused by my question.

I always thought to myself, "What will my fate be?", is it the same as Dad who is just a farmer expecting rainwater. "But no matter how hard the trials of my life are a man, someday, In Syaa Allah, I must be successful", I comforted myself.

But to be honest the job I really don't like. A little scratched the irritability to the shipowner. With her persuasion, finally my Mother was forced to give up our departure. Our destination this time is the port of gorontalo.

With limited manpower, I raised the anchor of the ship the first time. The rope used is quite large. There was a slight scratch on the palm because of the rope. My brother came over and helped moor the anchor rope at the stern of the ship.

Brother taught me how to wind the anchor rope when the anchor is raised. But my stupid way, until now I haven't been adept at tethering it. Then I was rewarded with a stupid word. Such was the atmosphere of the fellow crew members. The sailors said it was commonplace. But I, who was a beginner at the time, felt that this was not the right method to teach people.

The ship sailed slowly, passing between the stuck masts. The Captain or shipowner carefully exited the old village that had been vacant due to the 2000 earthquake.

      

After passing through the shallow sea, the ship sailed in the direction of the port of Bolonan to transport a cargo of nuts. There was no bridge, our ship docked in front of the village. The shipload this time was in the form of peanuts transported by the dockers. They carried it on a raft boat.

It was a very painful day. Countless stupid words were thrown at me. I thought to myself, "Oh my God, is this life going to be?". Actually, I am not a quick person to be offended. Basically, I really don't like this job. "I'd apply for high school and then go to college if I had the chance," I said to myself.

After everything was done, I took time to pray zhuhur on the boat. Dad advised me not to leave prayers. At night the moonlight is very bright, the ocean is shady. I began to enjoy sailing with the ship. The screen is unfolded. Our ship drove like the ship in the movie The Pirates Of The Carribean. The beautiful view of the sea at night. Suddenly the ship stopped because the captain of the ship said, the propeller was caught by the rope so there had to be one person who went down to the sea to untie the rope wrapped around the propeller.

Also Read More:

 


My brother confidently took the swimming goggles and then plunged into the sea at night. There is actually a sense of worry in the heart. "Don't have sharks later", I muttered to myself. He was my brother after all. We were born from the same womb. I also don't like it when my brother is only used by a shipowner. I try to calm the feelings. After a few minutes my brother emerged from the water. "It's done", he said to the captain of the ship.

The engines were started and the ship sailed again. There is a very deep longing when looking at the beautiful scenery. Longing to get together with family. Sometimes I remember my childhood how loving Mom and Dad.

My gaze is sometimes blank, because it is always thinking about the future. "I don't have to be like this," I said to myself. There is always an inner turmoil at all times. I often amused myself by saying, "I must not lament the circumstances, this is the destiny of life that I must live". The ship is getting closer and closer to the destination. In the distance can be seen greenish-elongated mountains. It is very beautiful, so it can relieve that sense of sadness. The captain of the ship said: "We are almost there in the port of gorontalo."

When the ship was about to dock into the port. The atmosphere in the ship began to become rowdy. Deftly, I ran to the back of the ship holding the anchor rope to keep the ship from hitting the other ships. There are several ships docked. The crew of the ship helped each other, finally the ship docked at the port of gorontalo safely.

Loading and unloading workers also entered the ship. There are some people who call me Daeng. Maybe it's because our boat looks like a pinisi boat made by makassar people. The shipowner was greeted by his old friend. He was famous from a young age as a sailor. Many voyages he made and the people who came recognized him a lot. After the workers finished unloading the ship's cargo. I'm so jaded. Then I looked for a place in the boat to sleep to relieve fatigue.

After finding a bed on the side of the hull, I fell asleep so deeply, that I didn't know how long I had been asleep. After waking up, the ship owner promised me to buy clothes at the gorontalo market the next day. Only then did I know that the wages given to my Mother were not in accordance with the agreement.

My Mom and Dad are very good people. Sometimes they both sacrificed their property to help others. Once one day, Tasik people in the Java area ran out of provisions on the road. At that time she was selling cosmetic tools while walking around. The trade did not sell well. Then my Mother told her to stay with us at home. Even though our house is narrow and made of wood.

The next day, in the morning, I left with the shipowner to the market. Bought two shirts. Actually, I don't like it. But I appreciate his gift. After three days in gorontalo, it's time for us to return to Banggai. The shipload was raised. The ship is full of goods.

Seeing such a large load of ships, I, who is still a young sailor, am very worried. The anchor was pulled and then the engine started. We left gorontalo port in the afternoon. In the distance there was a dark dense cloud like doom that would be inflicted on the 'Ad. I began to flinch. O God is this the end of my life.

Am I going to be a shark meal. A lot of questions arise. Night fell, the waves hit the stern of the ship and the ship danced like a swing. I started to feel a lighthead. "Maybe it's seasickness," I thought to myself. Several times I vomited while holding on to the side of the ship. I walked staggeringly because of the strong waves that night.

Lightning and rain intersect. As if describing the fierceness of marine life. The roaring sound of the waves is getting louder and louder. I drifted in a daydream. "I wish I hadn't sailed", I said with regret.

My brother went down to the hatch of the ship checking the ship's board. Because the water too quickly rises all the way to the flywheel of the engine. My brother broke the news that the ship's board was slightly open so that water quickly entered the keel of the ship. My brother tried to clog him some kind of special fibers for the ship.

As for the ship we were on, it was a wooden ship. There are only three of us in total. In a state of hunger, thirst, fatigue, fear. I forced myself to pump water from inside the boat for 8 hours. Because the ship does not have a water pump engine.

My hand started to hurt from 8 hours of pumping water. I also prayed to God. "O Allah save our voyage". Upon arrival at banggai port I promised not to work again as an abk.

Continued.........





No comments:

Post a Comment

Informations From: Revisi Blogging

Hush Lil Birdie

Hush Lil Birdie Matahari rendah di udara berjemur di taman dalam cahaya keemasan; Kolam bersinar seperti madu dan pepohonan mulai terlihat ...