Afternoon Story





The sun could be seen peeking at the end of the dark clouds, it was raining this afternoon and luckily it was coming to an end when my return time came. With every footstep I stepped on, a strand of hair blowing followed by another strand made me walk like a snail reluctant to return home. The sky was absolutely beautiful that afternoon, the birds seemed to dance to the sound of the wind, the city streets were deserted no motorists were odd about running their vehicles.

Also Read More:

 


I live not far from school, that fact made me leave and go home with the two legs I had. It was fun, I could enjoy a little bit of beauty that was always there in the trivial moments. In the same afternoon, I discovered a different thing, which I only encountered this time after many times I passed this road. You can see a small child sitting on the outskirts of the road with a stack of newspapers beside him. Actually, we often encounter this scene on the outskirts of the road, especially at red lights where vehicles stop queuing for their turn to cross the road. But the scene was alien to this area. The lack of vehicles passing by made newspaper dealers reluctant to stop by to trade their newspapers on this road.

My curiosity caused a confused expression in the little boy, where now I was standing right next to him.

"Want to buy a newspaper sis?" the child stood up, offering his newspaper. "Uh no, you're just selling here huh" to break the ice I started the chat and sat next to the kid. "yes, sis, just today" noisy the engine of the passing vehicle was ignored. "Here the road is quiet, there are some vehicles passing by - the tares, but once passing by it immediately disappears so tight" I said unceremoniously. "That's it, sis, I'm selling here because it's quiet, usually when you drive a vehicle, there are many other newspaper dealers and it has become a habit for those who are older to forcibly take the proceeds from my sale, even though they don't know" the child retorted with an annoyed expression.

"If I may ask, what is the income a day?" Disrespectful questions were instantly uttered. "If it's rame, maybe 20 thousand sis, if it's quiet, it's so hehee..." awkward. "Kasian once..., yaudah I bought one yaa" for some reason the child suddenly bowed his head like pondering a thing, "sorry sis, I'm so sorry, I don't want to be pitied, I'm selling sis" with a meaningful knotty smile uttered words that instantly pierced and made a bad feeling surround my mind.

The deteriorating, cool atmosphere created instantly disappears and is replaced by the anxiety of feeling guilty. Go, that's all I had in mind, without saying much I left and didn't forget to say sorry before leaving it. Bad, a curiosity that ended up hurting other people's feelings, on the way home I just fell into a dreamy silence correcting the remarks that had been made earlier, guilt continued to follow me until I arrived at the front gate of my house.

Everyone is trying, everyone is also feeling. The trivial workers we often meet also try and feel, respect to be the main thing, always maintain words and deeds, in order to reduce the person who is hurt.

      





$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

No comments:

Post a Comment

Informations From: Revisi Blogging

Hush Lil Birdie

Hush Lil Birdie Matahari rendah di udara berjemur di taman dalam cahaya keemasan; Kolam bersinar seperti madu dan pepohonan mulai terlihat ...