Is Your Hair Always Too Oily?

When I'm working as a model, my hair gets a ton of heat applied to it and a lot of product put in it, so, when I'm not on a modeling job, I do as little as possible to my hair to help restore it to its natural state. That's what I suggest women consider doing, too. Do as little as possible to their hair!

Repeatedly, I've spoken with women who say they have to wash their hair everyday otherwise their hair gets too oily. Unknowingly, they might be creating the problem because daily washing strips the important and natural oil away from hair causing the sebaceous glands to produce more oil. Daily washing can also dry out and irritate the scalp, too, leading to dandruff.

Some of the problems that could be causing over oily hair, other than over washing, might be hormonal, too much oily food, shampoos with sulfates, and/or not rinsing well. Fortunately, it's a problem that's correctable.

Believe it or not, Americans wash their hair nearly 5 times per week on average, when several generations ago, it was normal to wash hair on average just once a month! We are washing our hair way too often thinking we are helping to condition our hair. Personally, I shampoo about every four or five days. If you are a daily washer, try to work up to that. The correct amount of oil secretion on your scalp should balance over time. Another option is to use dry shampoos in between washings. Typically baking soda based, they can freshen your hair and scalp at a fraction of the cost of shampoo, cut down on the excessive packaging waste of shampoo bottles and decrease water usage, too. This, ultimately, will help your hair and your scalp, and your pocketbook.

Blow drying your hair every time you wash it can over dry your hair and make it frizzy and brittle. I always air dry my hair and I highly recommend this to maintain the integrity of your hair. Limit the amount of hair product use, too. Often I apply a leave-in conditioner because this keeps my hair protected from the elements. That's the only product I use on my hair after shampooing.

How you brush your hair is important, too. Be very gentle when brushing your hair by starting at the ends and brushing a bit higher with each stroke until you reach the roots. This way you limit breakage and over pulling on your hair.

These few tips suggesting that 'less is more' will hopefully help your hair to look it's healthiest and most beautiful. It'll save you time, effort and money, too. We like that!

To your health and beauty!

Read more about healthy and natural self care to enhance your beauty at http://www.imagebyroxanne.com


 By Roxanne Gould

Article Source:  Is Your Hair Always Too Oily?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Informations From: Revisi Blogging

Hush Lil Birdie

Hush Lil Birdie Matahari rendah di udara berjemur di taman dalam cahaya keemasan; Kolam bersinar seperti madu dan pepohonan mulai terlihat ...