Unsettled

Proverbs 1:32-33 (NLT) For simpletons turn away from me—to death. Fools are destroyed by their own complacency. But all who listen to me will live in peace, untroubled by fear of harm.”

Complacency – a feeling of quiet pleasure or security, often while unaware of some danger, defect, or the like; self-satisfaction or smug satisfaction with an existing situation or condition.

Lately, I have felt a stirring deep inside of me. It interrupts my comfort. It interrupts my thoughts. It wages war on my comfort. Change is in the air. It is circulating all around me. I have no control over the chaotic wind blowing throughout. I know it is the Lord. He is responding to my desperate cry of more of Him by removing and rearranging my life. During these times, I fight fear. Brandishing my shield of faith against the enemy’s lies, threat and insults. It is an insurgence too great for me to overcome without my Champion. Yet there is a hidden enemy to my destiny and purpose even more dangerous than the one in the heavenly realm. It is me. My flesh doesn’t want to suffer. It doesn’t want to die so it wraps itself tightly in complacency. I am saved. I am filled with God’s Spirit. I know my calling. I also know the cost. I am a fool to think that I can stay the same and still please the Living Breathing God who I love and serve.

Fools are destroyed by their own complacency. Those who refuse to move, be transformed or pursue obedience even in the little things. To discard a single command of Jesus as worthless, unnecessary or out-of-date would nullify the whole Bible in one small yet sweeping gesture. The need for more is within us or one might fall victim to their own comfort, convenience or control. I have tripped over this more than I care to share with you.

But all who listen to me (Jesus) will live in peace, untroubled by fear of harm. My number one fear in striking out for the Lord and fulfilling the call on my life is that the enemy will attack my children. I share this today to unlock the door that has kept me back. I barely survived our son’s three year battle against cancer crawling across the finish line and collapsing for a solid year. Squelching the voice of God to keep going, moving, doing and becoming. Each tiny step of obedience met with enemy fire in a barrage of insecurity and fear. Yet, something keeps stirring not allowing me to quit. I am unsettled. Deeply and profoundly restless in my soul. It is the Holy Spirit. He is telling me that it is better to wobble along uncertain, insecure and full of fear than to become complacent.

The Word of God is clear. Lukewarm love is vomit in the mouth of God and he has no taste for it. Trusting is not built on self-confidence but confident hope. The anchor of our soul is weighted by the hope found in God’s Word and His Faithfulness – not our own. If you are unsettled today, good. If you are restless in your soul, fabulous. If you are uncomfortable, inconvenienced or out of control – praise the Lord. He is rousing you to victory. He is preparing you for war. He is readying you for His Purpose to fulfill His Plan and answer His Call. You are just unsettled – the Lord is sending an invitation to come settle things with Him. (Isaiah 1:18) Suffering is good for us. (Psalm 119:71-72) It challenges us to seek the God of Creation and His Son, Jesus Christ. To be filled with more of Him until ever crack and crevice is healed, restored, revived and renewed. Jesus died to give you and me a rich and satisfying life. He will stop at nothing for you to have it, become it and live it.

2 Timothy 1:5-7 (NLT) I remember your genuine faith, for you share the faith that first filled your grandmother Lois and your mother, Eunice. And I know that same faith continues strong in you. This is why I remind you to fan into flames the spiritual gift God gave you when I laid my hands on you. For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Informations From: Revisi Blogging

Hush Lil Birdie

Hush Lil Birdie Matahari rendah di udara berjemur di taman dalam cahaya keemasan; Kolam bersinar seperti madu dan pepohonan mulai terlihat ...