Help Me, O Loving Gracious Merciful God - You Know What I Need, I Ask for Your Help Today


By Sandy Shaw

Knowing that God is good does not mean that He says "Yes" to every prayer request. If He did, hardly anyone would die!

No parent who truly loves a child will give the child everything the child wants.

When the request is wrong the answer is "No", and when the timing is wrong the answer may be "not yet". A delay is not a denial.

At the right time God sent Jesus Christ, His Son, into the world to save people from their sins.

The cross is the ultimate expression of God's love.

No one else has ever offered to pay for your sins, and no one ever will. Only Jesus Christ can take away your sins, and forgive whatever needs forgiveness.

After being crucified Jesus Christ was raised from the dead. Not only does He take away sin, but He is willing to give us His goodness, or righteousness.

This is what the Gospel is all about. God gives us what we need, and not what we deserve.

If we blow it, and mess things up, God is willing to welcome us back. Over the years I have met very few people who, having messed things up, have repented and returned.

Our God is the God who gives men another opportunity - if they want it, and take it, and are prepared to do something about it.

All this was birthed when Jesus was born in Bethlehem.

We can find mercy and grace to help us in our time and need.

Are you in any kind of need? Approach God with confidence - He will not turn you away, nor reject you.

If you come to Him, you will discover you cannot stop God loving you, no matter how hard you try.

You may find these last remarks difficult to accept and welcome and embrace. Many discover they are in that situation because they have a wrong idea or notion or understanding about Almighty God.

People can say all kinds of things at times for which there is no evidence.

People have their own ideas and when they share these thought we may pick them up all too easily.

It is good to check what people say and to check with the Scriptures as we have them in the Old and New Testaments of the Bible.

When people make time to read and take time to read and study God's Word there is invariably a rich blessing. God loves to bless those who seek Him. Discover that for yourself.

"Almighty heavenly Father - my God and my Saviour and my Lord - You know the help I need - You know what troubles my and bothers me - You know the questions I have and sometimes these questions may even be doubts. Help me O God. Help my to read the Bible. Help me to pray. Help me today. I need Your help. I ask for your help. I trust You to help me. I know You only have good gifts for Your children. Draw near now, and inspire me and strengthen me."

Sandy Shaw is Pastor of Nairn Christian Fellowship, Chaplain at Inverness Prison, and Nairn Academy, and serves on The Children's Panel in Scotland. He has travelled extensively over these past years teaching, in America, Canada, South Africa, Australia, 12 visits to Israel, and most recently in Uganda and Kenya.

He broadcasts regularly on WSHO radio out of New Orleans, writes a weekly commentary at http://www.studylight.org entitled "Word from Scotland", as well as a weekly newspaper column.

His M.A. and B.D. degrees are from The University of Edinburgh, and he continues to run and exercise regularly.

Sandy Shaw.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Informations From: Revisi Blogging

Hush Lil Birdie

Hush Lil Birdie Matahari rendah di udara berjemur di taman dalam cahaya keemasan; Kolam bersinar seperti madu dan pepohonan mulai terlihat ...